Re: Stocks don't seem

On Oct 16, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Peter Simon wrote:

Hi,

muppet 2005. október 16. 07.05 dátummal ezt írta:

Since gtk+ 2.6, GtkButton looks for a GtkSetting property called "gtk-
button-images" to determine whether to display the image in the
button.

You mean gtk+ 2.0-2.6.x > ? (I've got gtk+ 2.0-2.8.3)
And how can I set it?

Yes.  The feature was added in gtk+ 2.6.0.

You can control the setting either with code, as i did in the little example last night, or by adding a line to a gtkrc.

I added these two lines to ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

   gtk-button-images = 0
   gtk-menu-images = 0

and now all of the stock images disappear from the buttons and menuitems in all of my gtk+ 2.x programs when run with gtk+ 2.6.0 or later. When i run that little example program, i can turn them back on for the duration of the program.

But the persistent setting is in a gtkrc file. This is why i said you need to look through all of your gtkrc files for something that would turn button images off.

This can be set by code, but it can also be set by a gtkrc file.

Look for gtkrc files in ~/.gtkrc, /etc/gtk, /etc/gnome, etc.

I've found ~/.gtkrc file but it only contains informations for the set GTK
Revisited Bubble theme.

Does this theme turn off button images? I couldn't find that theme at themes.org...

Yess!! When it starts there were two push buttons (Preferences and Close) without stocks. After I pushed Preferences, buttons got stocks. :) Next push
hided stocks, etc.

So that basically means that your system is defaulting to "off".

Muppet, maybe you know what happend I don't. :( Would you please explain how
to use/overwrite the "standard" eg.:

Find where that default is defined and change it from off to on. I described that above.

And how can I define new stocks items? I used this earlier:

That code looks fine. If you're in doubt, there's an example in the Gtk2 tarball.

--
Holy crap, dude, we have kids!
    -- Elysse, six days after giving birth to twins