Re: misc fixes

Wow, free software at work....

I am really more and more  impressed by the whole process so well
illustrated by this thread and the people involved in it.

We have  a newcomer  unhappy because he  had devoted some  of his
time   to  write   proper  patches   but  fail   to   write  the
so-important-must-be-there tests.

And he is a little bit angry.

And  some may  even say  that he  is not  very respectful  of the
giants shoulders he is standing upon.

Then, one  the semi-god of  Gtk2 comes. And  he is sooo  open, so
calm. He apologizes, he takes  great care to explain many details
that goes  far above the head  of most of us  (for many different
reasons).

But the newcomer is still unhappy and well, two things occur. One
is that  the technical  discussion goes along  and the  second is
that some attitude wisdom is exposed.

Then others (some semi-gods,  some heroes) come in the discussion
and  state some truths,  unknown by  the newcomer  and previously
gently avoided by the semi-god.

So  far the newcomer  have not  responded, we  will hope  he have
understood his rudeness :)

End result: a  new corner case have been  uncovered and Gtk2 will
be better.

The point  is, even  when someone does  not behave,  the software
ends being enhanced...

And now, back to our regular schedule,

        Vincent