Re: Win32 permission problem: GladeXML.dll

muppet wrote:

On Oct 4, 2005, at 8:20 PM, Daniel Kasak wrote:

I get this error when logged on as a Windows 2000 user ( Power User ). If I log in as Domain Administrator, the error doesn't occur.

Any ideas?

If you installed as administrator, did the files get created with limited permissions?

It *looked* right - mostly, but in the end, there was ... something ... wrong about the permissions. If I went into the C:\Perl folder and checked permissions, it said that 'everyone' had 'full permissions', but the individual checkboxes were greyed out. It turns out the the whole C:\Perl folder was inheriting permissions from it's parent folder, and once I broke this relationship and then created a new permissions setting ( everyone with full permissions ... but with the individual checkboxes 'active' instead of greyed out ), it started working properly.

Strange. I've set up a number of Win32 boxen like this now, and some of them have been for users with less than 'Power User' status. I suppose it might be something up with the ActiveState build ( latest 5.8.7 ) which created the C:\Perl folder - this is the 1st time I've used this particular version.

Anyway, thanks muppet :)

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer