GtkOptionMenu, GtkComboBox

Hey all. I'm trying to implement a drop-down box which is dynamically populated. I initially wanted to use a GtkOptionMenu, but noted that this is a deprecated widget. I can create a GtkComboBox in glade and get "changed" signals, but I can't change the contents.

When running my program, I get the following message:

GType 'GtkComboBox' is not registered with GPerl; representing this object as first known parent type 'GtkBin' instead at /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Gtk2/GladeXML.pm line 96.

Yet, it pops up and I can get "changed" messages. I can't seem to do anything with this widget, however. For example, if I call:

$menuWidget->get_active();

I get:

Can't locate object method "get_active" via package "Gtk2::Bin" at ogcalc.pm line 104.

So what's going on here? I assume this means that there are some perl bindings missing from gtk2-perlxml or something? How can I add this functionality? Am I using the wrong widget or something? Here are my versions:

OS - Mac OS-X 10.3
fink 0.23.8
Gtk2 (installed via fink) - 1.021-22
Glade (installed via fink) - 2.6.8-2
gtk2-gladexml (via tarball) - 1.005

Cheers,
Luke Moloney
Pandora Benevolent Society New Media Research Initiative
lmoloney pandorabenevolentsociety org