Re: SimpleList or ListStore?

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 11:28 +1000, Dan wrote:

This has me thinking: is there any reason why I'd use a ListStore
instead of a SimpleList for my attempt at Gtk2::Ex::Datasheet::DBI?

I can't comment on the speed issue as I haven't done (nor seen) any
benchmarks.  Apart from that, I think the only real advantage of using
Gtk2::ListStore or Gtk2::TreeStore directly is control.  If you want to
do really sophisticated, interactive stuff with the displayed data, it's
often harder or not possible with the Simple modules.  I'm not sure if
it's that relevant for lists, but it definitely is for trees.

--
Bye,
-Torsten