Resize Pixbuf

Hello,

I have a Gtk2::Gtk::Image wich contains a Gtk2::Gtk::Pixbuf displaying
an Image larger than the the Gtk2::Gtk::Image. How can I resize and
update the Pixbuf whenever the Image-widget resizes?

I tried it with using the size_allocate signal, but this creates
infinite loops because $image->set_from_pixbuf($pixbuf), which is called
from my signal handler, itself emits an size_allocate signal.

I tried it with using a timer, it worked, but this doesn't seem to be
the best sollution.

Regards,
Timo^L