Re: Gnome2-1.0.21 - GnomeIconList fails with glibc error

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 12:44 -0500, muppet wrote:
Jeff Trefftzs said:
t/GnomeIconList..........ok 12/12*** glibc detected *** corrupted
double-linked list: 0x08f9fbd8 ***

This means that glibc's malloc has discovered memory corruption, usually the
result of somebody scribbling on the heap or writing to freed memory.

Serious stuff, that.

valgrind should point out the offenders, if you care to run the test script
with valgrind's --tool=memcheck.  gnome/gtk+ program stacks are ridiculously
huge and gtk2-perl doesn't help that, so you may also want to use something
like --num-callers=50.

Oh dear.  Well ... /me gets out valgrind manpage

I would swear until i was blue in the face that this same issue came up very
recently on this list, but google calls me a deja vu-suffering liar.

I thought so, too.  I'm sure I saw a reference to this *somewhere* --
but, like you, I can't find it either.

And I'm still using Glib-1.062 (getting 1.080 now).

Gotten, installed, tested (it works), but Gnome2 still has the corrupt
list.

The fix, if it exists, would be in the latest Gnome2 module, but i can't see
any relevant recent changes to it.  The last changes to GnomeIconList-related
things were six months ago.

It recurs even with the latest versions of everything.

--
Jeff