Re: app running as log server

nadim wrote:

Hi, I need to write a log server that is going to show the log at the same
time. Should I use select or use POE (which is very badly documented) ?
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Huh, be careful. Did you take a look at http://poe.perl.org/ ? In
particular the OSCON 2004 example programs are very revealing. Ok, POE
has a somewhat higher learning curve, but it's far away from being badly
documented...

But if your application is anyway GUI centric, the event handling of
Glib may suffice. Take a look at Glib::IO for watching filehandles resp.
Gtk2::Helper, which has some convenience functionality for that.

Although POE has some ready to use file tail modules AFAIRC, so POE may
be the quicker approach. And it can be combined with Glib resp. Gtk2.

Regards,

Joern

--
 .''`.  Jörn Reder <joern zyn de>