Re: Getting at Glade Tooltips

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 14:05 -0500, Ross McFarland wrote:
Jeff Trefftzs said:
I seem to be able to specify tooltips with glade, but I can't figure out
how to activate them in my perl code afterwards.  All the examples show
explicit creation of a new tooltips group and explicit initialization
without using glade.

Any hints?

there doesn't seem to be anything in Gtk2::GladeXML about tooltips. i do see
something about them in the example glade files. glade/glade-xml.h includes
gtk/gtktooltips.h, but there doesn't seem to be any public functions
pertaining to them in the gladexml api. Gtk2/exmaples/simplelist.pl uses
tooltips and gives an example of how they work outside of gladexml, but i
don't see a way to do that sort of thing when glade is creating the widgets
and has the tooltip info. have you found any C documentation about gladexml
and tooltips. (a quick google didn't turn up anything helpful for me.)

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I just noticed that glade allowed one to
specify tooltip text, and thought I was simply missing the appropriate
ways to access it later.

I'll jut go ahead and apply the tooltips by hand, as in the examples.

--
Jeff