Re: auto-upgrading strings to utf8

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 08:48 +0200, Christian Borup wrote:

Would there be a way to do this specifically within the GStreamer
bindings (a special overridden version of Glib::Object::set(),
say) rather than penalizing all of Gtk2-Perl for it?

After a brief discussion on IRC last night I think Torsten will see if
this solution flies. Ie a ->set(...) which splits out location and sets
it without going through the standard set.

Alright, here's a patch that implements this:

  http://home.arcor.de/kaffeetisch/tmp/location.patch

In my (not very exhaustive) testing, it seems to work.  I tested
filenames with umlauts and accented characters a) passed via the command
line, b) retrieved from a file chooser and c) retrieved from a file
chooser and mangled with Glib::filename_(to/from)_unicode.  Everything
in the C and the de_DE.UTF-8 locale.

Could you guys poke at it and see if it *really* fixes the issue?  Each
and every corner case is important, I think.

--
Bye,
-Torsten