Pango Font Issue

Hello to all,

I am a newcomer to gtk-perl and this list. I have already learned some nice things from the discussions of the past few weeks.

I am currently developing an application for power-searching and browsing collections of classical Arabic texts.

At some stage I would like to test whether a particular glyph is available in the active Arabic font, so that
if not, an alternative glyph can be displayed instead.

I found that
pango_fc_font_has_char() in the Pango C library would do the job.

Am I right that this function has not been bound to Gtk2::Pango yet?

What alternatives do exist?

Thanks,

François