Re: row limit of SimpleList

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 14:57 +0700, Beast wrote:
A few things that you can do to keep CPU usage down: do not use
column autosizing. And if applicable, set the 'fixed-height-mode'
property on the TreeView to true.

I have tried with 700MB file, it makes my linux box freeze (sloow, even
not responding from ssh /tty login). I've redraw every 10000 lines.

700 MB? No wonder it slows your box down: that's the TreeView equivalent
of a shell fork-bomb.

You should really think of writing your own TreeModel implementation,
and optimize that, instead of using SimpleList.

Regards,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>