Re: embedded perl/Gtk dialog

* Carl Nygard <cjnygard verizon net> [2005-07-01 05:25]:
a) the first time I run the dialog, it pops up over my app.
The second and subsequent times, it stays under the app

b) When I hit the cancel button, the dialog stays open.

Those two are obviously related, no? The first time you run it,
it is instantiated and pops up. So far so good, but then it is
never actually destroyed, as far as I understand Glade, only
hidden (and I seem to remember that Glade instantiates widgets
only once, if you destroy them afterwards, they are gone).
Apparently it remembers where it was when it is unhidden, just
like it was there all the time, but invisible.

Iâm not sure how to make it pop over the app window â thereâs
possibly a method to make it go to the front, though. And Iâd say
the solution to your cancel problem is to not destroy the popup,
only hide it.

In any case, Iâm only making educated guesses, but what I know
for sure is that you need a better understanding of how Glade
manages its widgets. I could tell you more if I had ever used it
myself, but so far thatâs not been the case.

Regards,
--
#Aristotle
*AUTOLOAD=*_=sub{s/(.*)::(.*)/print$2,(",$\/"," ")[defined wantarray]/e;$1};