Re: cell word wrapping

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 00:17 -0500, muppet wrote:

I've also run into the problem of not being able to find any practical
help regarding Gtk2::Pango::AttrList. I can get an AttrList from
$cell->get_property( 'attributes' ) but what can I do with it? If I
try any methods on it I get the "can't call method on an undefined
value" even though a Dumper() reveals a blessed Gtk2::Pango::AttrList.

It would appear that you have stumbled into one of the back corners of
the API that we don't have bound.  A PangoAttrList is what Pango markup
gets parsed into; it's a collection object for PangoAttrs, and, well,
we never bound it, probably because it seemed pretty esoteric.

If you find you need this, we'll get it on the todo list.  If the job
isn't too big and we can get it tested quickly, we may be able to make
an API freeze break.  Otherwise, it will have to wait for 1.10x.  :-(

I've repeatedly looked at binding PangoAttrList in the past and always
concluded that it's way too hard for something that esoteric.  It's
completely binding-unfriendly API.

Kevin, what exactly do you need access to PangoAttrList for?

--
Bye,
-Torsten