Re: Getting latest version of Gtk+ / Gtk2 for Windows

On Jan 6, 2005, at 5:19 PM, Tyler Hepworth wrote:

I am using Wayne Keenan's binary distribution of Gtk+ 2.2.4 and Gtk2
1.020 on Windows..  I would like to update to the latest versions of
each.  Is anyone aware of a more recent binary?  If not, can someone
provide a basic framework for building from source on Windows?

Wayne's stuff is from about this time last year --- for 1.02x, that is, *before* our We-Swear-We-Won't-Break-API-Ever promise (which was with 1.040).

Arnold Putz has ActiveState PPMs of Glib and Gtk2 for 1.043 and 1.060.

http://arnold.4950.net/ajpage/gtkperl/ppm/

Instructions here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2004-June/msg00182.html

Yaakov Selkowitz's cygwin-ports project maintains gtk2-perl binaries that work with cygwin's X.
http://cygwin-ports.sourceforge.net/install/release/perl/

I would swear i linked to Arnold's and Yaakov's stuff from the gtk2-perl website ages ago... but it appears i was on crack, as the faq mentioned only wayne's stuff. I just updated it: http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/faq/#7

--
To me, "hajime" means "the man standing opposite you is about to hit you with a stick".
  -- Ian Malpass, speaking of the Japanese word for "the beginning"