To share a dirty hack on a treeview

I've been wanting to highlight individual cells on a treeview based on
mouse-clicks for a long while now. Finally, I came up with the ugliest
of the ugliest hacks to get the behaviour that I need. I thought I'll
share it just for fun :)

The fact I hate most is that I need a dummy row (on top) and I can't
find a way to hide it. This row is needed as an asylum for that
incorrigible row-highlight-bar of the treeview. If I don't use this
dummy row, I can still change the color of the cell but it will stay
hidden under the row highlight till I click on another row.

Attaching the code. Try clicking on 0.5, 0.1 etc or on 'First', 'Second' etc.

Though the hack is as dirty as it can be, do keep your comments coming
if you have 'em :)

With muppet's new Gtk2::Ex::Sheet, I may be able to build the
functionality that I need in a cleaner fashion. But till then...