Re: gtk_plug_* and gtk_socket_* family for non X11 builds

On Feb 10, 2005, at 9:22 PM, Raul Dias wrote:

I am almost done building Gtk2 for linux-framebuffer.

I found a problem regarding the gtk_plug and gtk_socket families.
AFAIK,  gtk_plug and gtk_socket are X11 specific and does not work in
the FB (as it is a single process interface) or even on Win32.

These types simply aren't implemented on non-X11 targets in gtk+ itself. There apparently have been patches for win32 floating around for years, but they were never committed.

The contents of both GtkPlug.xs and GtkSocket.xs are wrapped in #ifndef GDK_WINDOWING_WIN32, and gtk2perl.h #undefs their respective type macros if GDK_WINDOWING_WIN32 is defined.

But it appears that we need to add GDK_WINDOWING_FB to that logic.  :-/

If it really is implemented only for the X11 target, i guess those #ifs should be changed to work only on X11, not only if not Win32.

Patch attached.  Let me know if it works.

As I am not familiar with gtk2-perl api "finder/generator", any tips where can I start patching it?

XS alone is like a combination of pygtk's .defs and .overrides, so everything is hand-maintained... no generator (other than xsubpp). We have pretty much one xs file per gtk+ header.

--
To me, "hajime" means "the man standing opposite you is about to hit you with a stick".
  -- Ian Malpass, speaking of the Japanese word for "the beginning"