Re: Segmentation fault with Gtk2::MozEmbed

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 19:48 +0100, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 00:23 +0100, Quentin wrote:
The following script crash after the third click of the button, ie:
after creating, destroying and recreating a window with a Gtk2::MozEmbed

It doesn't appear to be related to the Perl bindings.  So all I can tell
you is that's probably best to talk to (the bugzilla of) the GtkMozEmbed
people.

It seems you have to put gtk_moz_embed_push_startup at the start and
gtk_moz_embed_pop_startup at the end to keeps xpcom from shutting down
with the last gtkmozembed.
It fixes the problem in a simple C program I made that reproduced the
bug.

I looked at GtkMozEmbed.xs and these functions are commented with :
 "What do these do?  Do you need them?"

As a temporary work-around, keeping an extra Gtk2::MozEmbed around
prevents the crash.

Quentin