Re: GtkTreeModelSort + GtkTreeModelFilter

On Aug 23, 2005, at 7:27 AM, Jens Luedicke wrote:

muppet wrote:

Sure you can.  See attached example, modelmodelmodel.pl...  a sorted
and filtered list. That's probably a rather heavyweight way to do it,
but it is at least possible.

it doesn't work if you try to use a custom sort compare function.
TreeModelSort passes the underlying TreeModelFilter model to the compare
function. which doesn't provide the get_sort_column_id method.

my $sort_func = sub {
    my ($model,$a,$b) = @_;
    my ($sort_column_id,$order) = $model->get_sort_column_id;

That just means you wind up with tight coupling because of having to do things like

my ($sort_column_id, $order) = $model->get_child_model- >get_sort_column_id;

(or is that just "get_model"?)

I didn't say it was "great", just "possible".  ;-)

--
Without treatment, a common cold will last about seven days.
With treatment, it will last about a week.