Re: Using Gtk2::Helper->add_watch() or Glib::IO->add_watch

On Aug 18, 2005, at 1:06 AM, ofey aikon wrote:

The FAQ however has some minor syntax errors.

It's a wiki, please fix it.  :-)

I tried the code that muppet has posted in that thread. Somehow that
quite doesn't work for me either . I'm on windoze XP. I am wondering
if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm on win32.

That's quite possible. Win32 is infamous for its rather broken pipes. One aspect of that is that pipes and network sockets behave differently wrt select(), mostly in that pipes tend to be broken while sockets work. I'd give more and better details but i don't have a win32 machine handy to verify my recollections.

Here is the code that I'm running

FYI, this code works flawlessly on Mac OS X Tiger and on Linux.

--
How come hair colors for women take an hour, but "wash out the gray" stuff for men only five minutes? This is so unfair!
    -- Elysse, complaining about commercials