utf8 not displayed in Gtk2::Entry

        Hello all...

I am working on a Gtk2-Perl project which is an LDAP browser. I get utf-8 strings from an LDAP directory and when I set them in a Gtk2::Entry, they are not displayed correctly: utf-8 strings are shown as the usual wrong characters eg. capital_tilde_A-copyright for the accented_e. I thought Gtk2 used utf-8. Can you tell me what's wrong ?

        I use Perl 5.8.7 and Gtk2-Perl 1.082.

        Thanx !
--
   \^/