Table Question

Hello,

I'm learning gtk2-perl. I've never written anything using Gnome before but hope to become quite proficient at writing GUI code for Gnome. Programming in perl is fun, so I'd prefer to use gtk2-perl rather than casting my way through c.

Is this a reasonable approach?

I am familiar with java, and maybe that will be more of a help than a hindrence. I am hoping that someone can refer me to some good documentation on packing objects. Does anyone know what the gtk equivalent of a java "grid bag layout" would be? Is it Gtk2::Table? Looks like it might be, but maybe there is something else that I've missed.

-James