Re: Can this be used from Gtk2-perl? GtkDatabox

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:02:06 -0400
muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:

On Apr 30, 2005, at 9:55 AM, zentara wrote:

I saw a cool Gtk2+ library on freshmeat today.  Is it possible
to take these libs, and make a Gtk2-Perl module out it?
I guess what I'm asking is this, is there some standardized or
automated way to convert to Gtk2-Perl?  Is the C to Perl easy
or hard, with Gtk2?

http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/binding_howto.pod.html

  GtkDatabox

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2004-March/msg00077.html

Hi, thanks, it runs good, and it is a nice example of doing xs with Gtk2.

I did notice 1 small error in the examples, which I have also seen  throughout
the tutorials, that is using   :: notation where you need a  ->.
For example in lissajous.pl around line 75,

#$window->signal_connect (destroy => \&Gkt2::main_quit);
needs to be
$window->signal_connect (destroy => sub {Gtk2->main_quit});

When I've been going thru the tutorials, I've seen this in quit a few of
the code snippets and code, and it probably will confuse alot of
beginners...it took me a bit of time to figure it out. :-)

http://zentara.net/japh.html