Re: $(BASEEXT).dll Can't be found[was:[Help]Can't find Gtk2.dll]

On 4/27/05, muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:

Shixin Zeng said:
> I've solved the promblem, the real evil was Glib, which export
> $(BASEEXT).dll instead of Glib.dll. Thus Gtk2 link to $(BASEEXT).dll.
> When I compile Glib-perl, it complained that too long command line when
> generating Glib.def. I think this may be the source of the problem.

what OS and command interpreter are you using?  perl's docs say somewhere that
building on win9x / command.com doesn't work because of command-line length
limitations...  and the Gtk2 makefile has some command-line length problems,
as well.

Windows Server 2003, %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>