Re: Custom Cell Renderers for 'normal' widget ( ie not in a list ).

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 07:51, Daniel Kasak wrote:

I want to have a Gtk2::Entry that displays a date in short format ( eg
dd-mm-yyyy ) and then pops up a Gtk2::Calendar when edited. I know you
can do this in a list ( eg a SimpleList ), but I'm not sure if you can
do it for 'normal' widgets. Can you?

I don't think custom cell renderers are what you're looking for.  Just
use a normal entry and place a button beside it that pops up the
calendar.  When the user selects a date, the text in the entry is
updated.

In fact, since that's a rather common task, there's a complete widget
already: Gnome2::DateEdit.

--
HTH,
-Torsten