Re: Treeview DnD example

On Sep 5, 2004, at 10:43 AM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:

Aqua does pretty much the same, but the Apple guys got it right: the dragged item is translucent, so you can see where you're dropping it. That does make it nicer than just dragging an icon.

this would, of course, require the translucency support that is still not widely available in X. could it not be spoofed with a stippled window mask?

having used OS X for a while, i fully appreciate being able to see not only where you're going to drop something, but exactly what it is that you're dragging. the current reorder drag implementation in GtkTreeView gets one of two, unless you master the art of pulling the dragged thing to the right just far enough that you can see the left edge of the drop marker.

--
That's it! It's one thing for a ghost to scare my children, but it's another to play my theremin!
  - Homer Simpson