Re: utf8 bug ?

* Quentin <squentin free fr> [2004-09-03 15:14]:
the big hash of array has some values utf8-ed and then I use
this values somewhere else an I get "panic: sv_pos_b2u: bad
offset" in innocent looking code like this :

*That* is the bug. On the Perl end of things, the UTF-8 upgrade
should be completely transparent, and you shouldn't have to think
about it (and certainly not encounter panics).

Regards,
--
Aristotle
"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."