Re: Gtk2::Ex::Simple::(List|Tree)

"Ross" == Ross McFarland <rwmcfa1 neces com> writes:

    Ross> preliminary test releases:
    Ross> http://www.neces.com/gtk2-perl/Gtk2-Ex-Simple-List-0.30.tar.gz
    Ross> http://www.neces.com/gtk2-perl/Gtk2-Ex-Simple-Tree-0.30.tar.gz

Installed.

    Ross> take a look,

Done :o)

    Ross> report back.

Thanks  a lot.  It was  a great  help to  understand how  the MVC
paradigm was used.

'get_selected_indices' is not implemented in Simple::Tree.

This can be reproduced by pressing the Ok button.

On  a  different  topic,  I  have  defined  a  new  CellRenderer:
CellRendererTextCompletion,  derived from  CellRendererText which
implements completion functionality.

For that,  I need to specify  a completion model  for each column
using  this renderer. But  the interface  of Simple::(List::Tree)
does not allow  parameters for renderers. So I  have to build the
Simple::(L|T), access the renderer and set the completion model.

I have tried various approaches :

- define a property for the renderer. Looks like only columns can
  be used. In the case of a completion, this is inadequate.

- try to define a 'new' subroutine. Can't get it to work, I don't
  understand why  S::(L|T) can inherit from  Gtk2::TreeView via a
  simple   ISA   but  CellRendererText   insist   on  using   the
  Glib::Object::Subclass mechanism. Anyway  as SLT only provide a
  way to define the *type* of the renderer and not an instance or
  a sub returning  an instance of a renderer,  I also abandon that
  approach.

In the  end, I  just build  an SLT, access  the renderer,  set the
completion model, and associate it to the underlying Entry widget
in  START_EDITING. I  just  wonder  if things  can  be done  more
efficiently.

Anyway, I include  my actual package and will  hear with humility
every remark from the list.

Thanks again for your work and in advance for your remarks :o)

        Vincent