Re: Glade dialogs

On Oct 24, 2004, at 9:56 PM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:

* Ross McFarland <rwmcfa1 neces com> [2004-10-25 03:54]:
the workaround is either to reload the gladexml data each time you go to use the dialog or to do as i mentioned before, just hide the widget.

Yeah, I know. It's just that that requires code to reset the dialog. I wonder if that can be swapped out to Glade somehow..

interestingly enough, i've found myself more than once writing code to reinitialize a dialog with the same values the user entered the last time the dialog was up (for which just using hide() is really handy). it can be a very useful usability trick in certain circumstances, for example, where the next thing you enter is likely to be only slightly different from the previous thing.

--
The door is locked. I tried to open it, but the lock is harder to pick than a broken nose.
  -- Sensei, on 'I, Ninja'