Re: makefile.pl can't find GTK under FC3 test3

Colin Brace said:
I am trying to complile gtk-perl version 0.7009 under Fedora Core 3,
test 3 without sucess. For some reason, Makefile.PL can't find GTK,
which is of course installed on my system:

you probably have gtk+ 2.x, yes, but gtk-perl wants gtk+ 1.x, which has been
obsolete for three years now.

if you want to write a program, please use gtk2-perl (http://gtk2-perl.sf.net).

if you are trying to run an old program, please ask the author to port the
program to gtk2-perl, and in the meantime, install the development packages
for gtk+ 1.x.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>