Re: Gtk2 perl core dump

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 20:36, muppet wrote:
On Nov 26, 2004, at 6:39 PM, Ross McFarland wrote:

it appears that it's not adding and removing widgets that is bad in and
of itself, it's adding and removing widgets in the midst of a focus
change sequence, when the widget you just removed is the next one in
the sequence.  i added another entry widget between the two that were
interacting, and the crash went away.  still, adding and removing
widgets like this isn't necessary, since what you're wanting to do
appears to be merely to change the label, and seeing widgets pop in and
out of existence can seriously confuse users, so it's not really
something you want to do.

This is off the present topic a bit, but I'm having what might be a
similar problem with some gtkmm code.  I'm trying to reparent some
control panels between a vbox in each of two windows.  When I do that,
some widgets get messed up and don't appear in the correct spot, instead
appearing in upper left corner.  Depending on the widget/panel, clicking
on it or focusing through it restores it to it's proper position, but
not always.

Could this behavior also be related to the focus lists?  Is there some
safe way to reparent to avoid the focus problem?

Regards,
Carl