Re: Gtk2::Dialog ... adding a label

On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, at 01:48 AM, Daniel Kasak wrote:

One more small problem ... the buttons I get in the dialog are pressed hard against the right-hand side of the dialog ( when the text of my message is longer than the 2 buttons ). I could add an hbox with homogeneous spacing and add buttons to that, but is there an easier way of getting the buttons evenly spaced across the dialog?

short answer, no. the appearance of the action area is controlled by themes, and is set up that way for usability reasons.

and, on a technical note, if you add a box and put in the buttons by hand (the gtk+ 1.x way), then you've disabled most of Gtk2::Dialog's cool features.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>