Re: get_entries_for_keyval

On Tuesday, May 25, 2004, at 07:14 AM, Jan Hudec wrote:

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 07:12:53 -0400, Ross McFarland wrote:
unfortunately that function was not bound in the stable series. it is now bound in HEAD of cvs and will be in the unstable releases starting soon.

I'd like to ask WHY it is not bound. I looked in the source and it is there, commented out.

actually, the implementation that's there-but-commented-out is incorrect --- specifically, the for() loop is buggy. IIRC, it was part of a largish set of "obscure" APIs for which we decided it was better to punt than to release in a buggy state. do recall that the bindings are API frozen, as we did an insane amount of work in preparation for that; some things had to slide.

at any rate, a fixed and tested version awaits you, along with dozens of other obscure bits, in cvs HEAD, which is languishing without a 1.050 release merely because of a lack of sufficient evening time on my part to roll a release. i place the blame squarely on my children, who are too young to defend themselves in this matter. :-)

--
Holy crap, dude, we have kids!
        -- Elysse, six days after giving birth to twins