Re: get_entries_for_keyval

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 07:12:53 -0400, Ross McFarland wrote:
On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 02:53, Jon Mitchell wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to decompose a keyval into it's component parts. E.g. "P"
would be shift and p. There exists a function in Gdk called
"get_entries_for_keyval" to do this, but I'm having problems making use
of it. I thought it would be something like this:

sub key_pressed {
    my ($widget, $event) = @_;
    my $keymap = Gtk2::Gdk::Keymap->get_default();
    my @entries = $keymap->get_entries_for_keyval($event->keyval());
}

I thought wrong. The error produced is:

Can't locate object method "get_entries_for_keyval" via package
"Gtk2::Gdk::Keymap"

Any help would be appreciated,

unfortunately that function was not bound in the stable series. it is
now bound in HEAD of cvs and will be in the unstable releases starting
soon.

I'd like to ask WHY it is not bound. I looked in the source and it is
there, commented out.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>