RE: liststore update question

Brian said:

Would storing TreeRowReference's be faster than [just iterating over
the contents of the model]?

I have never done any benchmarking, but my gut tells me no.

I think the row references are intended more for when you need to keep an eye
on some subset of rows.  Iters are actually implemented as throwaway objects
for speed (which makes them a little hard to bind to perl, actually).

If you want to do a blanket update of all items in the model, then iteration
would save you memory overhead.  If you wanted to update particular items very
quickly without having to search for them, then the row reference is what you
want.

It really depends on how things are set up in your app and what you want to do.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>