RFC: Gtk2::SimpleComboBox

The new ComboBox in GTK 2.4 is pretty nice. It embeds a GtkListStore so you can use all the powerful GtkTreeModel stuff with it. It's also meant to replace GtkOptionMenu. (see more details at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-migrating-GtkComboBox.html)

Anyway, in a program I'm writing, I just want a simple list of things I can select, without all the fancy ListStore options. This led me to investigate Gtk2::SimpleList and write this module based on that.

http://teyandei.net/projects/SimpleComboBox.pm

Right now the only real operations that are simplified are setting the data (same as SimpleList) and getting the string that is currently selected (get_active_data). I'm not sure what else to add really. Comments are welcome.

James