Re: what to do about the old cvs modules?

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

the original inline-based gtk2-perl and gnome2-perl are still in our
cvs repository, with enticing and prominent names that lure in the
uninitiated seekers of our code, resulting in the not-infrequent
questions to the list that get answered with "that's the old stuff,
you want to use gtk2-perl-xs."

what should we do about this?  cvs delete gnome2-perl and gtk2-perl?
or should we instead just put an empty file in the toplevel named
"CURRENT_IS_gtk2-perl-xs"?

since new branch is quite a lot better regarding quality and api
coverage, there's no point in keeping it.

do not remove it from cvs, just "cvs rm" it so that we keep history.

maybe can we the rename gtk2-perl as gtk2-perl-old and gtk2-perl-xs as
gtk2-perl but that's not so important

btw, what about renaming:
- GtkSpell as Gtk2-Spell
- GnomeCanvas as Gnome2-Canvas
- GnomePrint2 as Gnome2-Print

that would look saner, and cvs directories would match tarball
names...