Re: Gnome2::Canvas Segmentation Fault

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

I've just installed Gnome2::Canvas ( perl -GnomeCanvas-0.28-1mdk )
via RpmDrake in MDK9.2 but when I try to run it I get the error
message "Segmentation Fault" I've been told that this means there
is a bug somewhere.

"Segmentation fault" means that the program has violated memory
protection by trying to access a memory address not owned by the
program.  Invariably this is the result of dereferencing a bad
memory pointer, which is, indeed, a bug.

0.28 is an old version; there have been six releases since then.
granted, the most recent releases depend on a bleeding-edge version
of Glib, but the point is that the bug might have been fixed
already.  ;-)

exactly.
john, you should try perl-Gnome2-Canvas-0.91-1mdk in mdk10.0.
the canva demos works smoothly. (if i rembember , it worked smoothly
too in mdk9.2 but for one of the demos)