Re: Is "The Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide" from No Starch Press good for gnome-perl?

Jan Hudec wrote:

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 04:44:31 -0400, Brian McGonigle wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new to this list and would like to use the GNOME API in perl. I've read about 2/3 of Practical C Programming from O'Reilly a little over 2 years ago and that's about the extent of my experience with C. I never finished the book because I picked up Learning Perl at that time and never looked back. I was wondering if "The Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide" would be any good for someone with no experience in C trying to learn gnome-perl. Any recommendations? Also, if I have GTK+ for Win32 can I use gnome-perl? I hoping there's a binary package somewhere if I can.

As you sure have read on the gtk2-perl web, the perl API closely follows
the C API. It follows it closely enough for the C documentation to be
relevant.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz

I've read that. I like the idea of having a book though. I'm on the train about 2.5 hours a day and a printed copy of the C docs would be too cumbersome. Would I be better off buying the book or cramming the C docs into my PDA?