Re: how to do stuff with tray icons?

On Friday, June 4, 2004, at 03:03 PM, Cristóvão B. B. Dalla Costa wrote:

I've successfully created a tray icon using the sample script in Gtk::TrayIcon's manpage, but I cannot seem to get signals working. I wish to be able to connect a signal to the display widget (in this case, the example text label) so that when the user click a button I can open a window or display a menu. However, many different attempts to connect signals to both the widget and the tray object did not result in the signal handler being called.

Gtk2::Label does not have a GdkWindow, so it can't get events. Instead, pack the Label into a Gtk2::EventBox, and connect the signals to the EventBox.

--
"Ghostbusters" is the best movie of this decade.
  -- Neal, circa 1996, referring to a movie released in 1984.