Re: Is "The Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide" from No Starch Press good for gnome-perl?

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 17:33, Elijah P Newren wrote:

(Also, let me just note that if there are any Gtk2-Perl experts that
would like to look over the examples in my tutorial and provide any
pointers on improving them, I'd be grateful.)

In the Glade section you say that "the callback functions must be within
a package namespace" and you use "package main;" in the examples.
That's not necessary: if you don't specify otherwise, "main" is
automatically used as the default package.

In example three you use

  while (Glib::MainContext->default->iteration(FALSE)) {
  }

You use that construct in all examples, but I think the standard way to
process events is

  while (Gtk2->events_pending) {
    Gtk2->main_iteration;
  }

or, more Perlish:

  Gtk2->main_iteration while (Gtk2->events_pending);

Other than that, I think the tutorial is cool.  Nice work!

Bye,
-Torsten