Re: gnome2 applets

Jake Hawkes wrote:

hello list,

I followed someones elses code for a perl gnome applet, and I tried, but I
think that becasue I'm using Gnome2 something is missing (or my kit is
incomplete)

The code I was copying contained this line at the top:

use Gnome::Applet;

this fails.

I looked in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Gnome2
and did not see Applet.pm

In /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/ I have (amongst other
things):
  Gnome2
  Gtk2
  Glib

I am using gentoo and I installed:
  - gnome2-perl
  - gtk2-perl

help?

I'm just guessing but I imagine Gnome::Applet is part of the GNOME 1.x bindings. Last I remember, there are no bindings for the applet stuff in GNOME 2.x yet because libpanel-applet has not been wrapped, because of Bonobo stuff? This is in the list archives somewhere, I believe.

James