Finding out the position of the Gtk2::TrayIcon

Hi!

I've been doing some stuff with the Gtk2::TrayIcon, but in order to
complete what I'm doing, I need to find out the position of the
TrayIcon.  I tried using some of the methods for Gtk::Window for
instance get_position on the Gtk2::TrayIcon but the only values I get
is 0 for x-coordinates and y-coordinates. I've also been trying to
retrieve the parent of the widget, so that I would then bee able to
retrieve the position of the notifictation area, but it's fruitless to
use the get_parent method.

The purpose of this, is to display a window nexto the trayicon, but it
seems undoable... Unless anybody got a bright idea.

Thanks!
BR
--
.fredrick