Re: TreeView is consuming CPU power

On Aug 25, 2004, at 3:06 PM, Grégory SCHMITT wrote:

Using a TreeView (and SimpleList), I fill the list with data.
I noticed that moving the mouse over the content of the list (i.e. jumping from line to line) is asking for some CPU power, not much. Is it the default behaviour ? Is it some signal ? Any way to deactivate it ?

this is because the cells re-render when you mouse-over them, mostly to allow prelighting and such. this is a gtk+ issue, not a binding one (although using custom cell renderers can exacerbate it), so you will want to look for this issue in bugzilla and log a bug about it if there's not one already.

--
Without treatment, a common cold will last about seven days.
With treatment, it will last about a week.