Re: rhythmbox proxy bindings

On Aug 5, 2004, at 8:21 PM, Lee Aylward wrote:

I am interested in binding this file to perl, but I don't know if it is possible. The file itself seems quite heavy on Bonobo, which I know is not properly working in gtk2-perl. Does this matter?

since the header (which is the one you'd #include to get the prototypes) very politely hides all of the nasty bonobo/corba internals, it looks like this would be very easy and straightforward.

the sticky point will be the fact that RbProxySongInfo is an alias for GNOME_Rhythmbox_SongInfo, which is defined in the Rhythmbox IDL (i think). in reality you'd want that structure to be turned into a perl hash containing the song information; you'd use a custom GPerlBoxedWrapperClass to do that. sounds hairy but it's really quite easy.

I've never really done any XS before, but I have been reading up on it quite a bit. I made an attempt at creating an XS file for rb-proxy but made very little headway.

catch me in irc and i'll walk you through it.

--
elysse (pregnant): are your hands cold?
me: uh, i suppose so.