rhythmbox proxy bindings

Hi all,

I recently stumbled on a very interesting program called Rhythmbox Applet,
which lets a user control Rhythmbox (the audio player) externally from an
applet. There is a specific C file that contains all the methods necessary
that interfaces with Rhythmbox, rb-proxy.c.

I am interested in binding this file to perl, but I don't know if it is
possible. The file itself seems quite heavy on Bonobo, which I know is not
properly working in gtk2-perl. Does this matter? I've never really done any
XS before, but I have been reading up on it quite a bit. I made an attempt
at creating an XS file for rb-proxy but made very little headway.

Here is a link to the rhythmbox-applet files.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~kuliniew/rhythmbox-applet/downloads/rhythmbox-applet-0.1.2.tar.gz

and I have also attached just the rb-proxy files by themselves.

And again I'm just interested in making the methods in rb-proxy.c available
in perl, to make something similar to XMMS::Remote for Rhythmbox.

Thanks for any direction you can give me in this indevor, as I am in quite a
bit over my head. :)

--
Lee Aylward
---------------------------     We are the facilitators of