Re: Threaded Gtk2->main causing seg fault

Ross McFarland wrote:
as of right now this issue is on the todo list for 1.06x, but in the end there
may not be a workable solution.

I am glad to hear that it is on the todo list.

the main problem is the only hook with which
we have to work is CLONE. and the problem with CLONE is that it's called on a
per package basis rather than per object. that's going to require us to do one
of two things: keep a list of all objects around so that when we enter the pkg
CLONE we can go through that list doing whatever ends up being necessary.

I think this solution is good.

basically if you can't make due with things like thread_usage.pl or use
fork/plug/socket then you'll have to wait for or fix the issues.

fork() won't work because it lacks of shared memory.
Instead of waiting, I think I will do it in C, for now. ;-)

> i'll look into it some more again now, but i'm not promissing
> anything. there may be some fundamental problems lurking around.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to deal with this nasty problem.

Kevin Leung