Re: question about packaging

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:53:25 -0400 muppet wrote:
: however this falls apart on non-unix or non-traditional-unixy
: platforms (e.g. win32 and mac osx), which don't tend to have the same
: type of directory structure.  that's why the example programs don't
: get installed with Gtk2 on windows --- where would they go?

I write my code for linux but I would like it to run on most unix
flavours, I don't care much for windows. I am forced to use a data dir
because I want to use images so I guess i'll keep it simple and put a
var create a DATADIR in the makefile that defaults to
'/usr/local/share/my_app/'. Eventually a config script could be added to
autodetect platform stuff, I just hoped there was some script/module for
it allready :(

--
   )   (       Jaap Karssenberg || Pardus [Larus]
   :   :       http://pardus-larus.student.utwente.nl/~pardus