Gtk2::SimpleList->new_from_widget (was Re: An automatic signal stub function generator)

muppet writes:
this was actually really easy.

i implemented it as Gtk2::SimpleList->new_from_widget ($widget, key =>
val, ...);

Cool! I'll have to patch my system (working from the '.deb's right
now).

But this brings me to a deeper question (and possibly one that delves
more into GTK+ than gtk2-perl), and I feel embarassingly naive because
I'm learning about this stuff an hour at a time and I was the one who
made the first suggestion:

Does the Gtk2::SimpleList need to know anything about the widget, or
should it just be associated with the GtkTreeStore? The purpose of the
whole MVC split seems to be to allow multiple tree widgets to view the
same tree store, and if I'm understanding this right the SimpleList
should really conceptually be controlling just the GtkTreeStore?

(For memory reasons I don't think I'll be able to use the SimpleList
for the application I'm diddling with, so it's a good thing that I'm
struggling with the GtkTreeStore stuff early, and feel free to ignore
my queries until I'm actually offering patches for submission.)

Aaaand, that takes me more towards: Is it okay to talk about Gtk+
issues in general in the context of Gtk2-perl here, or would y'all
rather not be cluttered with that?

Dan