Re: new releases: Gtk2 1.00rc2, Glib 1.00rc2, ExtUtils::PkgConfig 1.00

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 05:24, Jens Luedicke wrote:
scott asofyet org wrote:

Ross did a sweep of the code to make it compile cleanly with -W, and in
doing so he found and fixed quite a few bugs; i made a few more tweaks
to ensure that it builds on windows.  I suspect there are plenty more in
there --- try these out, and give us all the bug reports you can!

the make test for Gtk2::SimpleMenu fails:

t/26.GtkSimpleMenu........NOK 1#     Failed test (t/26.GtkSimpleMenu.t
at line 1

9)
#     Tried to require 'Gtk2::SimpleMenu'.
#     Error:  Can't find 'boot_Gtk2__GType' symbol in
/home/jens/devel/Gtk2-1.00
                                        rc2/blib/arch/auto/Gtk2/Gtk2.so

first guess with this is that you have an old copy of Gtk2.pm and/or
Glib on your system and the SimpleList/Menu tests are using it. we
haven't been able to figure out why it does this (haven't looked that
hard either) when everything else seems to get the one in blib just
fine. if everything else is fine and passing tests (except
SimpleList/Menu) then you're most likely ok to install. try a make test
afterwords and see if it passes then.

feedback on how to insure that we get the one we're looking for
appreciated.

-rm

-rm